Friday, March 23, 2007

Housekeeping


Here's the deal. I am currently working on two items right now.

1: My Third Annual Authoritative Detroit Tigers Season Preview, which is hands down my favorite post to write each year. I spend a lot of time writing it, including hours of painstaking research, under candle light in the deep recesses of the Detroit Tigers Archive located hundreds of feet below
Hooks Dauss crypt in left center field of old Tiger Stadium, wearing a fedora and dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows, banging out draft after draft on my typewriter, before finalizing a preview that will hopefully be nothing short of life-changing....I hope I'm not setting the bar too high but that's what I'm aiming for.

2: A story that I've been working on that casts Matt Millen in the role of a manipulative power-hungry madman, which I was initially planning to post after the Thanksgiving Day game massacre at the hands of Joey Harrington. As I've been writing it over the past few months it's slowly expanded to a cast of thousands and is probably more suited to be acted out on a Broadway stage, or at least by a cast of fourth graders under my strict and unwavering guidance ("What kind of shit mood lighting is this little Susan, redo the play from the beginning until Susie stops screwing up"). I've always pictured this as being my last glorious blog posting and ending on a high note, hitting the publish button while simultaneously dropping dead from exhaustion. We'll see how this all turns out.
Anyways that's what's on my plate, so expect those to come rolling out ASAP, and keep checking back for updates. Thanks.
Andrew.

No comments: