Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rod Allen Rulz...

About a year ago I was watching that terrible "The Sports List" show on Fox Sports Net hosted by puppy face Summer Sanders, (she used to host Figure It Out on Nickelodeon back in the mid-90's and my friend Kevin was obsessed with her, which led to a series of debates over her attractiveness that continue to this day) and featuring third rate comedians and Z-list celebrities who couldn't make the cut on one of VH1's "50 Most Awesomely Bad Celebrity Hot Body Hook-Ups From Our Favorite Decade the 80's,", and look everyone it's Vinnie from Doogie Howser and we're paying him in sandwiches, blah, blah, blah, but I digress. Getting back to the point, I'm watching "The Sports List" because I must have misplaced the remote or something, and they are counting down the most infamous brawls, fights in sports or something, when before going to commercial they quickly run through the honorable mentions. I'm only half paying attention when I hear them say "Rod Allen's fight in the Japanese Baseball League." I immediately snap back to consciousness and see Rod Allen, after taking a fastball to the ribs, start chasing a Japanese pitcher all the way into center field and laying waste to everyone who gets in his way.. I immediately searched for it on Youtube so I could post it in this blog and found nothing. I continued to search for it over the next few weeks before I completely forgot/lost interest in finding it. Apparently this video has since surfaced and been put on Youtube by the people of Motownsports.com, and was linked to by Bill Simmons on his blog today. In case there is anyone out there who hasn't seen the video on either of the other two sites, and I can't imagine many people who read this and wouldnt visit the other two, I posted it below. It blows my mind that someone as mild mannered as Rod Allen seems to be would be capable of such uncontrollable rage. The only thing I can think of is that Allen and his life "pahdna" Impemba must have been going through some rough times when that game was played. Allen probably had seen Impemba dancing with some gay Japanese businessmen at the "Doki Doki Panic" club the night before and became insanely jealous. I know those were a couple of lameass jokes about Impemba and Allen being gay, and you probably expected better from me, but......come on.......I'm tired.........jerks.

No comments: